Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday Review Day!

I feel like I'm on a reading roll and I'm loving it! It helps when each book I pick up is amazing! Speaking of which, here is my review for this week!

Written by: Claudia Gray
Publication date: March 8, 2011 by Harper Teen
Released in hardcover, paperback, ebook and Kindle
368 pages

5 stars

Synopsis: The fourth book in this electrifying vampire series has all the romance, suspense, and page-turning drama that have made Claudia Gray’s Evernight books runaway successes.

Having become what they feared most, Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They must return to Evernight Academy, Lucas as a vampire and Bianca as a wraith. But Lucas is haunted by demons, both personal and supernatural. Bianca must help him fight the evil inside him, combat the forces determined to drive them apart—and find the power to claim her destiny at last.

Readers have fallen in love with Bianca and Lucas, and they will be thrilled to read this exciting conclusion to their romantic adventure.

My Review: First, allow me to elaborate on the reason I rated Afterlife five stars is because I never even stopped once to write my review as I read like I usually do. I just didn't want to waste free time writing about what I had already read, I wanted to read more!

Bianca is once again a great narrator and very likable. Lucas is such the sweetie you just wanna put him in your pocket and take him home! I can't even begin to tell you the kinds of trials and tribulations their love has endured: the undead, hunters, more than one psycho vampire chick, wraiths or ghosts, death, the afterlife and resurrection! Okay, so maybe I can begin to tell you but I couldn't possibly explain! Lucas and Bianca are the greatest love story since Romeo and Juliet and dare I say it? Yes, Edward and Bella. Lucas and Bianca undergo such an emotional journey, always coming so close to losing each other forever, the final death, only to be pulled back but just barely.

This series has a great cast of characters throughout and man, when there's an action see - boy, they really go at it! It's serious. So many past secrets are finally revealed, like the whole mystery behind Mrs. Bethany, her past and her plans for the wraiths, for example.

Watching Lucas try to cope with having been turned into the one thing he never wanted to be - a vampire - is so sad. He struggles with the bloodlust, the urge to tear open any human that dares to venture near enough - even his own mother.

The plot was so carefully planned and detailed and executed that I couldn't put it together by myself. Sometimes a book is so easily laid out for you that you can tell exactly where it's going. I was so impressed with how everything came together in the end. It raises a few questions, sure, but just a few. Claudia Gray gave such a satisfying happily-ever-after ending and I will miss this story, these characters and the world they lived in!

Who Should Read This Book: Anyone who loves a little romance with their paranormal or a little paranormal with their romance! Strong characters, fun read, a great series you should not miss!



Speaking of things you should not miss...

B A L T H A Z A R


"In BALTHAZAR, Claudia Gray reveals the story of Evernight Academy's most captivating student. For hundreds of years, the vampire Balthazar has been on his own - without allies, without love, Now, he faces his greatest enemy, but he no longer has to fight alone." (Excerpt from the end of Afterlife)

Expected publication date 2021!

1 comment:

Maegan said...

I've looked at this series before but I never tried to get into it. Now that you've said you liked it I will give it a try. Thanks for the review!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails