Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday Review Day! I Am Number Four! Plus Movie Trailer!

Written by: Pittacus Lore
Publication date: August 3, 2010
Released in Hardcover, 440 pages

5 stars


Synopsis: In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogdorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth, Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.


The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. all of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future-and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.

How I Came to Read This: I found this book at Icey Books and the next time I went out , I saw it on the shelf and I snatched it up! I'm so glad I did!

My Review: I read eight chapters the first night I opened it. The very first page pulls you right in. I Am Number Four gives you stories of friendship, trust, happiness, sorrow, typical high school drama and first love!

John Smith is Number Four. John, his keeper and eight others came to Earth ten years ago to survive an invasion of their home planet, Lorien. They look like us and can fit in as normal people. Except they have super powers and they're being hunted by soulless Mogadorians, which prevents them from settling down in any one place for too long. John is developing his powers, or Legacies and we get to watch him discover his past, his future and himself.

I was so giddy reading this book! I felt like I was reading an extremely detailed comic book of Superman's origins or something! I mean, John Smith is something like a superhero! I love that in the book, his voice doesn't sound like an average teenager. He's an alien. He doesn't sound like a robot, he just sounds more refined than a kid. Which would make sense. The author could have written him to sound more like a normal, human teenager which might have made him a little more relatable, but not realistic to the story. Did I lose you with that one? Sorry. Hard to put in words what I hear in my head.

Speaking of the author...The name Pittacus Lore is the author's pen-name but also a character in the book. Pittacus Lore was the greatest elder of all the Lorien people, their leader. I like the other characters of the book too. John is very likable, as is Henri. Bernie Kosar (their dog) is very lovable, Sam gives us humor, Sarah gives the story a softer side while Mark is there to throw a wrench into everything!

Overall: I genuinely enjoyed this book. Every free minute after I finished it, I kept wishing I had more to go back to and read! I didn't want it to be over!
And to satisfy our unquenchable thirst for I Am Number Four - the movie version will be released February 18, 2011! You have to see the amazing trailer below:



Are you wondering who that hot guy is playing #4?? Well that's Alex Pettyfer! He also starred in Beastly! If the book wasn't so good and the movie looked like crap, he'd be reason enough to go see it anyway! Hope to see you at the theater!


P.S. I will be reviewing the movie as well.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails