Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Did You Know?

Please tell me I wasn't the only one? Did you know that Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves was been released (according to Goodreads.com) on January 4, 2011. Did you know that it is the SEQUEL to BLEEDING VIOLET?? I, for one, did not. I found Slice of Cherry early, I'm guessing when it was just Reeves' next project. It did not state that it was the sequel to my most favorite book! I figured I'd keep it eye out for her next release but I nearly screamed when I realized, "How could I not know there was a sequel to this?" Enough about my over-dramatics and more about the books!

Now, if you are not familiar with this series, please, allow me to help you get acquainted with a second look at Bleeding Violet and a fresh one at Slice of Cherry!!

Bleeding Violet is based in Portero, Texas, a town that can only be described as otherworldly. Weird is an understatement. Hanna comes to this town to live with her estranged mother under even stranger circumstances! Hanna isn't quite the definition of normal, either. More like manic depressive, or crazy. As she tries to convince her mother she's worth of her love and spend time with her crush Wyatt, she starts discovering things that start to cause a bit of trouble. And when you mix a nut like Hanna with a town like Portero, the outcome is not what you expect!

I remember laughing with this book. Smiling while I read it. I instantly fell in love with Hanna and her antics and her personality, all of them! She interacted with each character with such unique style! I loved every word of it!

Click here to read my review of Bleeding Violet!
 

Slice of Cherry also takes place in Portero, yet if revolves around two sisters, Kit and Fancy Cordelle. They are the daughters of an infamous murderer nicknamed the Bonesaw Killer. Sounds like a great family, right? Makes you want to invite them over for Sunday dinner! Soon the twisted sisters give in to their urge to kill, and it seems they're pretty good at it. The strange are outcasts in most places, but quite at home in Portero! One day Fancy discovers an invisible door. Like, what are the odds of that happening? Then I guess we take it from there! There is no mention of Hanna or Wyatt but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's a pretty small town, if memory serves.


Click here to read the FIRST CHAPTER of Slice of Cherry!

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this book!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails