Thursday, April 29, 2010

Beautiful Creatures Review


BEAUTIFUL CREATURESWritten by: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Titles in Series: Beautiful Creatures and Beautiful Darkness to be released October 26, 2010
Publication Date: December 1, 2009
Released in Hardcover






4 1/2 stars


Synopsis: There were no surprises in Gatlin County. At least, that's what I thought. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.


There was a curse. There was a girl. And in the end, there was a grave.


Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.


Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.


In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.


How I Came to Read This: When I saw this book on the shelf, the cover immediately caught my attention. I read the jacket and I was intrigued. I just had to know what the secret was!


My Review: What I enjoyed most in this novel, was the relationship between the characters. The connection between Ethan and Lena was endearing, so adorable. It was reminiscent of Edward and Bella without the whole, "I could kill you if I lost control" thing. Ethan and Lena's relationship was just as intense but with different elements in their situation. My favorite part was when they first encounter each other. Ethan has a great way of adding light to this book with his great sense of humor! I couldn't get enough of these two!


There was never a dull moment. It was full of suspense, secrets, twists and turns, always causing guessing and speculation. You just never knew who was in on the big secret and who wasn't. In a town where everyone knows everything about everyone, half of them seemed to be living a double life.


The ever-changing house was a nice touch too! There wasn't anything like it in anything else I've yet to read!


Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl wrote a beautiful story with amazing characters! I can't wait for Beautiful Darkness and more! Five novels total from the way I hear it! AAHH!


Who Should Read This: I find it hard not to recommend every book I read to everyone! This is a great story with new ideas, new twists and it was a very fun ride!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails